Got a story to submit? Want to place an advert? Send a mail to jovodaf@gmail.com
Drop Down MenusCSS Drop Down MenuPure CSS Dropdown Menu

Tuesday 18 February 2014

Tribute to The World's Best Mother-in-law





















So long! Goodnight! The best mother-in-law...


For many, mother-in-law-musings have a ring of reality.
But, for me they don't, I had a perfect mother-in-law.
For the past 6 years or so I had been her son-in-law, we had never had cross words.

My mother-in-law was an example and inspiration to me and my family.
She had much an impact in my life through her own life and through the life of her wonderful daughter, my
wife.

She gave me a precious woman, with whom to share my life, a woman I'm proud to say, has become a Proverbs 31 wife.
Mama's death was the home going of one of God's most precious Saints, a life marked by unusual selflessness.

From the very beginning, when I first saw mama, I was totally accepted.  Mama made me feel right at home...
In fact, I honestly don't remember ever going through an awkward transition from being a stranger to being the son-in-law.
She welcomed me from the very first day she saw me.

My darling mother-in-law deserves garlands, not wreaths. Praises, not tears. Smiles, not sorrows. Happiness, not sadness.
My Mother-in-law had
great strength
And she was filled with wisdom...
She was my shining example
Of strength and compassion;
Of  honour and love.

I was grateful to call her "Mama"
Mama's compassion for others was so deep!
She treated others with kindness and respect
And many lives were blessed through her goodness..

But even in grief, we know we are so lucky to have had this loving woman in our lives and, now, in our hearts forever.
A good mother-in-law is worth hundreds of schoolmasters.
So long! Goodnight! The best mother-in-law!

Odafe Odioko, Son-in-law

50 comments:

  1. Please permit me to use some portions of your tribute.

    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. Commendable.
    Permit me to use part of this tribute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Please allow me to use part of this tribute. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous. Permission to use part of this tribute please.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Excellent write up...please permit me to use some portion of your write up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Please permit me to use part of this write up.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Excellent write up. Permission to use part of this write up. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bravo. This is commendable. Please permit me to use part of this tribute.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice one
    Pls permit me to use part of this tribute... thanks

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice one please permission to use part of this tribute

    ReplyDelete
  11. Permit me to use part of this wonderful tribute

    ReplyDelete
  12. Please permit to use part of this wonderful tribute

    ReplyDelete
  13. please permit me to use of this wonderful tribute

    ReplyDelete
  14. Please I wish to use some paragraph of this write up. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  15. Please permit me to sample some portions of this writeup. Great piece and thank you

    ReplyDelete
  16. Nice one. Please permit me to use some parts of your Tribute. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Please permit me to use some parts of this wonderful tribute. Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is lovely. Please, permit me to use part of this wonderful tribute. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Just like my inlaw. Permit me to use portions of it

    ReplyDelete
  20. Excellent!! please permit me to use part of this write up

    ReplyDelete
  21. Very nice tribute, pls permit me to use part of this write up. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete

  22. Excellent tribute. Please permit me to use part of of this write up,. Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow....nice write up pls permit me to use part of your write up.Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  24. Permit me to paraphrase and use it for my mother inlaw

    ReplyDelete
  25. Nice one, please permit me to use some by part of your Tribute. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  26. Well articulated tribute, please permit me to borrow, thanks

    ReplyDelete
  27. well written, please permit me to use part of this work.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Permit me to copy a.part of this nice write up please.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Superb 💓 Permit me to use some paragraphs. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  30. Permission to paraphrase and use part of this write up please

    ReplyDelete
  31. Excellent tribute, permission to use part of it thanks

    ReplyDelete
  32. Nice one.
    So touching
    Please, permit me to use part of the writeup. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  33. A very nice piece. Kindly permit me to use part of the write up.
    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  34. wonderful piece of a tribute.may i seek your permission to copy a few line of it ?

    ReplyDelete
  35. Wonderful words, please your permission to paraphrase your tribute

    ReplyDelete
  36. Great! Please, permit me to use part of it. Much thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  37. wonderful piece, seeking your permission to use some few words.

    ReplyDelete
  38. What can i say?... what a perfect tribute. I beg your permission to copy some lines. God bless you for this perfect tribute idea.

    ReplyDelete
  39. Great tribute, please permit me to use part. Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  40. I ll love to use it.Please permit me.Thankx

    ReplyDelete
  41. Great... sorry for the loss
    Permit me use part of this
    Thanks ☺️

    ReplyDelete
  42. Nice tribute, permit me to use part of it

    ReplyDelete
  43. Beautiful tribute. Please sir, permit me to use part of it. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  44. Wonderful piece that fits my mum-in, please permit me to use part of it, thanks

    ReplyDelete

Please ... LEAVE A COMMENT *winks*